ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, GREASE-EATING BACTERIA FOR WASTEWATER SYSTEMS
Grease. Grease. if it’s not treated as solid waste, it’s dumped into your water treatment system when home owners and commercial businesses rinse grease down their drains with hot water!
Liquid grease solidifies at 13°C (55°F), floats on water and adheres to sewer lines. Grease buildup in sewer pipelines reduces the capacity of the line and restricts the flow of wastewater (increasing the risk of overflow). Grease layers that break off can create total plugs downstream (guaranteeing a sanitary overflow event!).
Estimates by US Environmental Protection Agency state that 25-30% of all sewer blockages are caused by Fats, Oil and Grease (FOG) build-up. 75% of sewer systems are working at half capacity due to grease build-up and clogs.
EXPENSIVE, NASTY CONSEQUENCES OF GREASE BUILDUP
- Raw sewage overflows into streets, parks, property and homes
- Lift station failures
- Residential, commercial and industrial service is disrupted
- Sewer operation and maintenance costs (and fees) go up.
- People are unhappy
ATTACK FOG BUILD-UP in SEWER LINES with ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, BIOLOGICAL SOLUTION
Helix Laboratories makes biological products that “eat this problem for breakfast”.
Helix Labs is a science-based company with an environmentally friendly philosophy. They create and manufacture bacteria & biological products that improve wastewater systems via Bio-Augmentation.
Bio-Augmentation is the addition of “helpful” bacteria to enhance the performance of biological systems in wastewater. Typical areas where bio-augmentation is applied are:
- Reducing and controlling F.O.G. build-up
- Eliminating odors
- Promoting biological stability in wastewater systems
How is this control and stability achieved? Helix bacteria consumes Fats, Oils, Grease (FOG) buildup in wastewater pipeline and lift stations. Using Helix Labs bacteria is similar to maintaining a swimming pool:
- An initial SHOCK dosage
- Ongoing MAINTENANCE dosage
- Delivering a subsequent SHOCK dosage if required
Helix products are available in three delivery formats: Liquid form (best), Powders and Blocks. Municpal utilities and food businesses are encouraged to use the Helix bacteria to reduce and maintain lower levels of FOG and prevent new FOG build up in the sewer system.
ARE YOU WORKING WITH MUNICIPAL WASTEWATER SYSTEMS?
Contact us to obtain an “Introduction to Helix Labs bacteria” presentation.
- See the problems that Helix Labs bacteria can solve
- View before-and-after photos of real-world applications
- Learn about to easy-to-use Helix Labs products for sewer spills and pipeline jetting